Adult Day Programs
Jewish Home Lifecareâ€™s Adult Day Programs provide healthcare and a life-enhancing, structured, supportive community environment for those living in their own homes or with family.
A range of Medical Adult Day Programs are offered, including
- Alzheimer’s and Memory Care Day Program
- Visually Impaired Program
- Programs that emphasize diabetes care, falls management and caregiver support
Whichever is right, Adult Day Programs combine the independence of living at home, with the security, care and social benefits of being a member of an active, caring community. Staff social workers will work with you and your family to access benefits you can be entitled to.Â In addition, they will help you and your family to remain comfortable and satisfied with your participation in the Adult Day Program.
Medical Adult Day Programs Offer:
- Safe, caring, engaging â€œhome-away-from-homeâ€ days, evenings and weekends for those who have chronic health conditions or need assistance with personal care
- Ongoing healthcare services and coordination with personal physicians
- Safe and easy door-to-door transportation in Jewish Home Lifecareâ€™s wheelchair-accessible vans
- Nutritious meals (Kosher upon request) and daily programs and activities
- Health care and supervision by skilled nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants for help with personal needs
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists on staff
Social Programs Offered By Medical Adult Day include:
- Hot, nutritious meals (Kosher on request)
- Daily exercise and therapy groups
- Daily art classes, discussion groups and lectures
- Safe, escorted excursions to museums, parks and cultural sites
- Access to Jewish Home Lifecareâ€™s beautiful, safe, enclosed gardens
Discovering the Adult Day Program was an absolute
blessing and I couldnâ€™t be more thankful for finding my
second home.â€ – Mr. R.B., NYC
The Right Care, Where You Need It
Adult Day Programs are available at Jewish Home Lifecareâ€™s Bronx, Manhattan and Westchester Â Campuses. Contact us for information on how we can help you or someone for whom you care. Â Our staff will explain all the options.
Medicaid and Private Pay are accepted. Our social work staff will work with you to explain benefits and to define and implement the best plan for you.
The Adult Day Memory Impaired Programs assess participants for memory impairment. The focus of this program is to match individuals with activities that encourage socialization and promote communicat... [Read More]
The Adult Day Program for the Blind and Visually Impaired, located at the Bronx Division, features the medical model day program’s range of services plus rehabilitation and activities designed to h... [Read More]
Adult day program registrants receive:
Skilled nursing supervision
Physical, occupational and speech therapies
Safe, escorted, wheelchair accessible transportation in our own vans
Nu... [Read More]
84-year old Coleman Mishkoff feels best when he is socializing. With the same energy, wit, and “joie de vivre” he possessed as a younger man, he is an active particpant in the full r... [Read More]
Roberto Bosch first came to Jewish Home Lifecare for rehabilitation services to recover from his knee replacement surgery. While there, he met a few seniors who urged him to attend Jewish Home... [Read More]
Sandra Becote, a member of the Manhattan Division Adult Day Healthcare Program, was awarded third prize in the Haym Salomon Arts Award, for her photograph Sun Kissed Journey.
... [Read More]